|Are You Ready? Everett Public Library, Everett, WA|
Event Type: Workshop|
Start Time: 9:00 AM
End Time: 4:00 PM
Scenario Planning & Collaboration Among Heritage Institutions to Improve Disaster Preparedness for CollectionsLibrary: WESTPAS
Okay, now you have a disaster response plan, but do you know how well it will work in a real disaster situation? It's better to find answers now than after a disaster has occurred!
* Help you assess your vulnerabilities.
* Test your plan using a scenario table to exercise.
* Explore how collaborations can help you respond to a disaster.
* Build a shared vision for regional disaster preparedness.
Who should attend:
When possible, send 2-3 participants from your library/archive to work together on disaster preparedness activities:
* Staff member(s) responsible for emergency preparedness.
* Administrator and/or manager responsible for the building/collection.
* Key members of the emergency/disaster team responsible for decision-making.
Requirements for attendance:
* A written disaster plan (draft okay) that includes collections response/recovery.
* A letter of institutional commitment to explore collaboration to optimize preparedness.
* A completed 3-page vulnerability assessment (distributed 3 weeks before workshop).
Registration Ends: 10/22/2012 at 5:00 PM
Cost: No fee; just your time, energy and institutional commitment.Contact: Alex Gingerich, email@example.com
Funding provided by the National Endowment for the Humanities.
Contact Number: 650.349.5538
Presenter: Gary Menges, WESTPAS