|Savvy Social Security Planning|
Event Type: Adult Program|
Age Group(s): Adult
Start Time: 7:00 PM
End Time: 8:30 PM
Learn the answers to your questions:Directions to Loutit District Library
• Will Social Security be there for me?
• How much can I expect to receive?
• When should I apply for Social Security?
• How can I maximize my benefits?
• Will Social Security be enough to live on in retirement?
After being told for years that Social Security is "going broke," baby boomers are realizing that it will soon be their turn to collect. But the decisions you make now can have a tremendous impact on the total amount of benefits you stand to receive over your lifetime.
This informative seminar covers the basics of Social Security and reveals strategies for maximizing your benefits.
At this workshop you will learn:
• 5 factors to consider when deciding when to apply for benefits
• When it makes sense to delay benefits -- and when it does not
• Why you should always check your earnings record for accuracy
• How to estimate your benefits
• How to coordinate benefits with your spouse
• How to minimize taxes on Social Security benefits
• How to coordinate Social Security with your other sources of retirement income
Seating is limited. Please call to reserve your space.
Location: Lower Level, Program Room A
Registration Ends: 10/11/2012 at 12:00 AM
Contact: Brian Gerrans
Contact Number: 231-727-8176
Presenter: Brian Gerrans